RE: iPlanet directory Server

do you have index on employee number. if you don't and you have lots of user (more then 5000) you can live this problem. create index immediately
orhan alkan
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of lqiu
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 3:36 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: iPlanet directory Server

Hi,

I am running iPlanet Directory server on Solaris 8.

Here is how my ldif looks like:

uid=jsmith, ou=People, o=student.sunyrockland.edu
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
cn=John Smith
sn=Smith
employeenumber=1234
mail=jsmith@sunyrockland.edu
uid=jsmith

When I do search by cn, I have no problem:

#ldapsearch -b "o=student.sunyrockland.edu" "cn=John Smith"

the system return:

uid=jsmith, ou=People, o=student.sunyrockland.edu
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
cn=John Smith
sn=Smith
employeenumber=1234
mail=jsmith@sunyrockland.edu
uid=jsmith

But When I search by employeenumber :
#ldapsearch -b "o=student.sunyrockland.edu" "employeenumber=1234"

I got ldap_search: Admin. limit exceeded.
Here is what I got from the ldapsearch:

uid=jsmith, ou=People, o=student.sunyrockland.edu
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
cn=John Smith
sn=Smith
employeenumber=1234
mail=jsmith@sunyrockland.edu
uid=jsmith
ldap_search: Admin. limit exceeded

What does "Admin. limit exceeded" mean?  I know there is only one person with that employeenumber.

Would someone please help me with this?
Does anyone know if there is a list for iPlanet Directory Server?

Thank you in advance.

Lin Qiu