From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of lqiu
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 3:36 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: iPlanet directory Server

Hi,

I am running iPlanet Directory server on Solaris 8.

Here is how my ldif looks like:

uid=jsmith, ou=People, o=student.sunyrockland.edu
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
cn=John Smith
sn=Smith
employeenumber=1234
mail=jsmith@sunyrockland.edu
uid=jsmith

When I do search by cn, I have no problem:

#ldapsearch -b "o=student.sunyrockland.edu" "cn=John Smith"

the system return:

uid=jsmith, ou=People, o=student.sunyrockland.edu
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
cn=John Smith
sn=Smith
employeenumber=1234
mail=jsmith@sunyrockland.edu
uid=jsmith

But When I search by employeenumber :
#ldapsearch -b "o=student.sunyrockland.edu" "employeenumber=1234"

I got ldap_search: Admin. limit exceeded.
Here is what I got from the ldapsearch:

uid=jsmith, ou=People, o=student.sunyrockland.edu
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=organizationalPerson
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
cn=John Smith
sn=Smith
employeenumber=1234
mail=jsmith@sunyrockland.edu
uid=jsmith
ldap_search: Admin. limit exceeded

What does "Admin. limit exceeded" mean?  I know there is only one person with that employeenumber.

Would someone please help me with this?
Does anyone know if there is a list for iPlanet Directory Server?

Thank you in advance.

Lin Qiu