RE: Need info on Building OpenLDAP Servers on Windows NT...

Check the FAQ-O-Matic.  There are instructions for building on NT.  You need to at least get a backend database.  If you're using 1.2.x, you'll need an older DB backend (like 2.7.3).  You'll also need a regular expression library.  I think you should reconsider using the 1.2.11 version if you're getting started with OpenLDAP.  The 2.0.7 is in pretty good shape, and going to 2.0.x now will save the headache of migrating later if you stick with OpenLDAP.