RE: newbie question

See:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/schema.html#Distributed%20Schema%20Files

It says in part:
==============
To use any of these schema files, you only need to include the the desired
file in the global definitions portion of your slapd.conf(5) file. For
example:

        # include schema
        include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
        include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
        include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
=========