Re: backup (was: slapcat cannot open database - why?)

Solution that works for me...

	Set up a replica server that is only used for backups.

	On the replica server, kill slapd.

	slapcat > backup.ldif

	Start slapd again on the replica server.

This should give you a snapshot of the directory in LDIF without affecting
an application that might be using the directory.