Re: ldapsearch -L | ldif2ldbm relyable?

> Is "ldapsearch -L" fed to ldif2ldbm always going to work?  ldif2ldbm is
> going to require that the upper level of the hierarchy be in place before
> the leaves can be added.  Will ldapsearch -L always produce output that
> guarentees this?  If not, what's the right way to approach copying a
> database out of ldap and back in?
>
> (BTW, the subject is misleading.  I don't think ldif2ldbm will take data
> from stdin.)

Right, the -i is required to specify the ldif file, however, I get the idea.

My experience with OpenLDAP 1.2.x is that ldapsearch does not necessarily
produce leaf-last ordering (and sorting on dn using -S "" does not do this
either).

On the other hand, whilst ldapadd would require the branches before the
leaves, ldif2ldbm does not.

Randy