Trouble configuring/using OpenLDAP

I've just installed OpenLDAP on out Linux machine. I have been following the Quick Start guide available on OpenLDAP's web site. However, when I attempt to add an entry, I consistently get the error:

ldap_add: No Such Object

I get this even on something as simple as trying to add:

dn: o=MyOrg
o: MyOrg
objectclass: organization

Any idea what might be going on? I did go into slapd.conf and change the <My-Domain> and <COM> areas to properly reflect my domain, and I can see that slapd is actually running, but that's as far as I can get. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

-Fran