Re: =?unknown-8bit?q?=B4=F0=B8=B4=3A?= Newbie Question - running configure

> Ah hA!
>
> I have now dropped back to Sleepycat 2.7.7 and configure now runs!
>
> Thanks...
>
> Next problem...
>
> When doing makedepend the following error appears as it steps through:
>
> ld: fatal: file -I../../include: stat failed: No such file or directory
>
> I am not a coder but have had several people look at it with no success,
> can anyone shed some light at all?
>
> A straight make seems to work fine, but I suspect there is a reason for
> the make depend part of this..
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Scott!

Forget "make depend".  You only really need it if you are doing development,
not to build a release.  Personally, I almost always re-build everything
whenever I've done a "cvs update", especially if configure or any Makefile.in
has been modified.  I don't mean the error shouldn't be fixed, but it is
certainly nothing to get stopped with.

Randy