Hello all,

I am rather newbie on ldap. The beginning is not easy as the return code
are not obvious (not such object) and so on..
I noticed some problems without determinig why sometimes some indexes got
corrupted (1.2.7-3/ Linux/Mandrake 7.0)
I made a test: delete uid.dbb
restart server..no warning!!
ldapsearch uid=..
returns nothing..but creates an empty strange uid.dbb

What is the way to rebuild the indexes.
I tried many variation for searching on faq-omatic without success..

Thanks in advance

Dom

Could we install an try openldap V2?..

Mr. Dominique Lalot                           (33) 04 42 91 34 24
Ingenieur Systemes et Reseaux                  Email: lalot@univ-aix.fr
Faculte de Sciences Economiques                14 Av Jules Ferry
13621 Aix en Provence                          France
Correspondant Ciscam                http://ciscam.univ-aix.fr