Re: slapd grows without bounds

At 01:15 AM 2/23/00 -0500, Dave H wrote:
>Forgive my ignorance, but how can I find the leakage?

Investigation.  (Sorry, I cannot really give any better
answer to this question... the process is not procedural).
I usually start by eliminating subsystems (which is why
I had you try --without-threads).  Next, I'd suggest trying
replacing BerkeleyDB with GDBM.

>(Could you point me to some tools and docs?).

The FreeBSD itself + "devel" ports contain a number of
tools.  I usually start (after narrowing down the problem
space) with MALLOC_OPTIONS.  See malloc(3).

>Never had to do this before.

You're lucky.  Finding leaks in complex threaded applications
can be very trying.