Re: Installation

I was in the same situation as you a couple of weeks ago, so I know a
couple of the problems you will hit.

When you run configure use the prefix option to specify where you want to
install it.  eg:

	./configure --prefix=/<your_home_dir>/OpenLDAP

This will install everything into an OpenLDAP directory in your home
directory.

When you try to start slapd, you will have problems because you require
root privledges to use port 389.  So, start slapd with -p <port>, where the
port you choose is over 1000.