Referral problem

Hello all,

I will try to explain what I am looking for;

I use one OpenLdap base on my server1 (host: server1.fr)
I build another one on my server2 (for example to prevent Quota disk of the server1 is full...) (host= server2.fr)
The suffix of my two trees is the same - o=Right Vision (but also can be different in future...why not...)

When I run a command to my server1 I want to know also information which are in server2
So I think I need referral.

So in my slapd.conf I put the below line:

referral   host=server2.fr

But when I run my request to the server1 I only have entries from my server1

What is wrong ?
Is someone could help me ?
Fabrice