mailAcceptingGeneralID attribute

I have two general questions:

1)What is the advantage of using mailAcceptingGeneralID attribute
instead of the mail attribute in objectclass person etc? From what I
can gather mailAcceptingGeneralID looks at only the "name" part
of name@domain.com, whereas the mail attribute looks at the whole
email address?!  Wrong??

2)What objectclasses does mailAcceptingGeneralID require?

3) Does mailAcceptingGeneralID work with mail drop? Can I use
mail drop without mailAcceptingGeneralID? If so, what is the difference
between the mail attribute and the maildrop attribute

By the way, I have referred to the Standford document, which
definitely needs a HOW TO attached!!

Thanks for any replies to this,
Kristina