Re: Backing up LDAP database

Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:

> Lars Uffmann wrote:
> >
> > This is exactly what I tried. But what about the ordering problem with
> > ldbmcat? ie if the database has more then 256 Entries, ldbmcat swaps
> > it output, the entries are in wrong order! The result is not usable as
> > input to ldif2ldbm.
>
> Have you tried it?  With a recent version?  There were old bugs in
> database creation tools that created problems (some indexes would be
> hosed and NEXTID would not be set up properly).  I killed those bugs
> months ago.  All current branches are supposed to be fixed (2-0 alpha
> uses a different approach now).  I don't know for how long that part
> was broken, possibly was broken in the Umich code base already.  So
> you might be used to *know* it did not work.

I use openldap version 1.2.6 amd BerklyDB ( I still have to upgrade).
ldbmcats output IS not in the right order. Also, after processing the
last entry, ldbmcat segfaults.

> > I still do backups using a subtree search with
> > '(objectclass=*)' filter.
>
> Problem is you will start losing operational attributes if you keep
> that approach in 2.0 when it is released.

Sorry my reply comes so late, I've been on vacation the last 2 weeks.

--
Lars Uffmann, <lars.uffmann@mediaways.net>, fon: +49 5241 80 40330