Re: client tools not working?

At 12:39 PM 6/9/99 -0400, shltch@osfmail.isc.rit.edu wrote:
>Before I dive deeper into the code of the tools and libraries, is there
>anything that I'm missing that I should be doing?

You are likely chasing a referral unexpectantly...

Try (on box running slapd)
  ldapsearch -h localhost:389 -b 'SUFFIX' 'objectclass=*' objectclass

where SUFFIX is replaced with your whatever you used in your
slapd database suffix.

Once this is working you may want to setup client defaults (ldap.conf(5).)