Re: client tools not working?

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.  Unfortunately, I was giving any and
all command line switches to ldapsearch/ldapadd.  They never even open up
a socket to my server.

> Try (on box running slapd)
>   ldapsearch -h localhost:389 -b 'SUFFIX' 'objectclass=*' objectclass

I gave that command on localhost, and it died with ldap_bind: can't
contact LDAP server.  I went to a remote machine, and gave that command,
and it worked fine.  I'm not sure why my local compiled tools just die
immediately without ever trying.  I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks,
Seth

ps I also configured my tools with ldap.conf just to try that, and same
error.