RE: root password security in slapd.conf

i believe, and someone, please correct me, that the crypt passwd is the same
as you'd see it in a UNIX passwd file.  having said that, i don't know how
you'd change the password, short of chnaging your UNIX pasword to what you
want the slapd password to be, and cutting and pasting from /etc/passwd to
slapd.conf . . . .