RE: root password security in slapd.conf

perl -e 'print crypt("plaintext", "somerandomsalt"), qq(\n)'

I believe you also need to pu {crypt} in front of it in the slapd.conf file.

On 24-May-99 Matz, Guy wrote:
> i believe, and someone, please correct me, that the crypt passwd is the same
> as you'd see it in a UNIX passwd file.  having said that, i don't know how
> you'd change the password, short of chnaging your UNIX pasword to what you
> want the slapd password to be, and cutting and pasting from /etc/passwd to
> slapd.conf . . . .

---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

Pfft.  Now you tell me.

                -- Homer Simpson, finding out that working at a nuclear
                                  plant can make one sterile
                   I Married Marge