Open LDAP installation on Solaris 2.6 (SPARC)

Hi.

I tried posting this before, but got no response and didnt see it come back to me as part of the list mailing. So, I will ask again.

Here's my problem. I have a Sun SPARCStation 10 running Solaris 2.6. I downloaded the OpenLDAP source from the openldap.org web/ftp site. I compiled it using the GCC produced as part of the egcs 1.1.1 package, using the SleepyCat 2.x Berkeley DB packages (tried both the latest version and 2.3.16 - same result). The package SEEMS to compile fine. However, when running the test scripts in the test directory, the tests fail with the following output:

ln: cannot create ./data: File exists
make: [all-local] Error 2 (ignored)
Initiating LDAP tests...
running defines.sh .
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
id2entry file: Bad file number
stopping: child exited with status 1
ldif2ldbm failed!
make: *** [all-local] Error 1

I have heard from other people on the Sun/Solaris related comp.* newsgroups that they have had nearly identical failures, but, thus far, no success stories. Has anyone gotten OpenLDAP to work on Solaris, yet? if so, how do you go about getting the ldif* routines to function properly?