Re: subentries and subtrees

At 12:13 PM 3/20/2005, nide wrote:
>I'm trying to develop collective attributes mechanism now and I need
>some help on rfc 3671 and 3672. I mean some examples of definition in
>slapd config file syntax.
>
>Can anyone send me a configuration file example which defines
>attributes of subentry and subtrees?

Well, if one implements the X.500/LDAP subentry model, the
example would not be of a configuration file, but of a
protocol request to create a collective attributes subentry.
In LDIF,

        dn: cn=Collective Attributes,dc=example,dc=com
        objectClass: subentry
        objectClass: collectiveAttributeSubentry
        cn: Collective Attributes
        subtreeSpecification: {}
        c-o: Example Corp.
        c-o: Example.COM

One could implement a (non-X.500 subentry) model which
relied on configuration information instead.  In that case,
something like:
        database bdb
        suffix "dc=example,dc=com"
        collectiveAttribute c-o "Example Corp" "Example.COM"

might do.

Kurt