Re: two slapd processes accessing one MDB env

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 11:07:01AM +0100, Ondřej Kuzník wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 04:08:28PM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> > HI!
> >
> > I vaguely remember that it's possible that two slapd processes can
> > access a single MDB env.
> >
> > Is that supported?
> > Any pre-cautions needed?
>
> I think if you were to configure both of them as a syncrepl consumer,
> that might cause some headaches?

(reply to list this time)

Also if either of them is a syncrepl provider, probably make sure that
no other server is accepting writes to this db file, I can imagine
(refreshAndPersist) scenarios that might leave you unhappy otherwise.

--
Ondřej Kuzník
Senior Software Engineer