RE: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials at LDAPADD step in the QuickStart Guide

--On Monday, December 23, 2019 5:34 PM +0000 "Dunne, Kenneth" <kenneth.dunne@siemens.com> wrote:

olcSuffix: dc=my-domain,dc=com
olcRootDN: cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com
olcRootPW: secret

And what is your ldapadd line?

Also your LDIF has:

dn: dc=my-example,dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: KEN Example Company
dc: example

dn: cn=Manager,dc=my-example,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

which clearly does not match "dc=my-domain,dc=com". So even if you get the credentials right, the add will still fail, because you're trying to add a database for "dc=my-example,dc=com" into a namespace of "dc=my-domain,dc=com". You need to use a consistent namespace throughout the configuration, the credentials you will be using, and the database you will be loading.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation