RE: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials at LDAPADD step in the QuickStart Guide

--On Monday, December 23, 2019 5:01 PM +0000 "Dunne, Kenneth" <kenneth.dunne@siemens.com> wrote:

Ooops, I noticed that the 'dc' field in the new 'example.ldif' is perhaps
wrong, modified to the following, but the ldapadd still fails similarly (
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)) Contents of example.ldif:

Hi Kenneth,

What is the identity of the rootdn in your configuration LDIF?

I.e., these lines:

olcRootDN: cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com
olcRootPW: secret

Those are the initial credentials you are actually binding as, as there is nothing in the database yet.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>