Re: add new scheme to existing ldap

--On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:02 AM +0100 SHarbich@t-online.de wrote:

Hello,

when I try to add a new scheme in the existing LDAP like this. I get the
following error message:

"root@dsme01:~# slapadd -v -l /tmp/ldapconvert/evolutionperson.ldif
slapadd: line 1: database #1 (dc=example,dc=com) not configured to hold
"cn=evolutionperson,cn=schema,cn=config"; did you mean to use database #0
(cn=config)?
_#################### 100.00% eta none elapsed none fast!"

You should be using ldapadd while the system is online. Also, as the output clearly notes, you're trying to add a file destined for cn=config to your dc=example,dc=com database. Please see the slapadd man page on how to specify what database to use for the operation in question.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>