Re: Is there a simple document that explains the various admin passwords?

Are you sure you don't have psychic powers? :)

I guess my question could be interpreted that way....

However, I'm interested in how the various passwords are setup.

Ever since OpenLDAP went to the .ldif format with cn=config, I'm always kind of looking at this issue that there's the process password and the database password.

I'd like have a simple reference guide as to how to set each with with an editor (bad) or with ldapmodify (good).

An example of each one would be good.  More often than I care to admit, I'm getting "Invalid Credentials" and realize I'm using the wrong password.

It then makes me want to set any and all passwords to the same value (bad).

TY!

P.

PS - I'm CC'ing you this with my telepathy... :)