Re: Antw: Re: Q: UNKNOWN attributeDescription "AUDITCONTEXT" inserted.

Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <37c75ce9-b21e-9380-9f71-72c40086b01e@stroeder.com>:
> in

>>> I grepped for the attribute in external schema files, but didn't find it.
> As
>>> found it when querying slapd, I conclude that the definition shown above
>> must
>>> be build into slapd.
>>
>> Attribute type description 'auditContext' and all other schema
>> definitions for accesslog overlay are defined in C code of
>> slapo-accesslog. If you don't load slapo-accesslog then you normally
>> don't see the schema.
>>
>> I don't know what inconsistent content your cn=config has though.
>
> Still I don't quite understand it: It seems the attribute is also in the
> config database (dn: cn=schema,cn=config), so why is it unknown when slapd
> starts? It cannot be the reason that the schema is provided by an overlay. That
> would apply when starting the first time only, maybe (when the schema database
> isn't populated yet by the overlay).

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html

Section 5.2.3

The contents of the file corresponding to cn=schema are always ignored, and the actual
runtime contents of the cn=schema entry are always the actual hardcoded schema in the
slapd process. As such, you should only trust the contents of an ldapsearch of the
cn=schema,cn=config entry, and always disregard whatever was stored in the file.

--
  -- Howard Chu