Re: Make slapadd faster?

--On Friday, August 16, 2019 10:14 AM +0200 Marc Roos <M.Roos@f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:

I know you can disable some checks to make slapadd faster. But I think
in my test vm with limited disk iops, it looks like this disk io is the
problem.
I am not sure how slapadd adds entries, I guess one at a time? You could
get a significant improvement by reading more entries and writing more
entries at once? And if such a batch transaction fails you can always go
back to submitting the transactions of the batch one by one, to identify
which one is failing.

Stop using back-hdb, it's signficantly slower than back-mdb. If you're going to insist on using back-hdb, then you *must* have a well tuned DB_CONFIG before you import.

For any backend, ensure you have tool-threads set appropriately (For back-mdb, values > 2 are ignored).

Use the -q flag if you know the LDIF is good.

slapadd has been heavily profiled and tested.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>