RE: Environment variable in slapd config

Indeed. Ansible is just a tool you should use for the fitting job. Afaik
I only have to set a few variables and I do not have in the hundreds of
services. But I would not mind looking at your Dockerfile to see how you
prepare the image.

The ceph mailing list is 'full' of people using ansible, and then
whining on what to do, and how to fix things when something does not
work. Because they do not know how and where things are configured.
All these 'easy' tools are like these higher level programming
languages. They just lower the threshold for the 'bunglers' to enter an
area of expertise, they were not able to enter before.