RE: Openldap in container advice, how have you done it?

 >On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 01:23:41AM +0200, Marc Roos wrote:
 >>- updating of a newly spawned slapd instance
 >>When the new task is launched, it is not up to date with its
database,
 >>can I prevent connections to the slapd until it is fully synced?
 >
 >This is not implemented at this time. See ITS#7616
 ><https://openldap.org/its/?findid=7616>.

Hmm interesting. Maybe we can differentiate between a recent startup and

getting up-to-date with the provider.
As opposed to blocking client requests with LDAP_BUSY during a 'normal'
sync

 >>- to prevent lots of records syncing
 >>Can I just copy the data of /var/lib/ldap of any running instance to
the
 >>container default image?
 >
 >Maybe, if they are all running identical software and configuration.
The
 >more robust way to do it is slapcat the database on a known-good
system,
 >and slapadd it on the new one you're bringing up. In current versions
it
 >is safe to use slapcat (but not slapadd) while slapd is running.

Yes doing this now with creating the docker image.

 >>- doing some /var/lib/ldap cleanup
 >>I am cleaning with db_checkpoint -1 -h /var/lib/ldap, and db_archive
-d.
 >>Is there an option slapd can initiate this?
 >
 >See <https://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/maintenance.html>.
 >
 >Checkpointing can be configured using the 'checkpoint' directive (with

 >slapd.conf, olcDbCheckpoint with slapd-config).
 >
 >The DB_CONFIG flag DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE causes transaction logs to be
 >cleaned up automatically.

Thanks!

 >But please consider migrating to the LMDB backend, which does not
 >require any such maintenance.

When I have finished migrating the centos7 vm to centos7 containers,
do not want to do to many changes at once.