Re: No olcBackend module loaded.

--On Monday, June 10, 2019 8:22 PM -0300 Igor Sousa <igorvolt@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been creating a tutorial for my company for documented "How to
install and configure OpenLDAP" for our needs. Currently, we've had a
OpenLDAP server on Debian 8 and OpenLDAP 2.4.40 on the production server.

You should not be using a release that old in production.

My boss has asked me for a tutorial of OpenLDAP on CentOS7. I've agreed
with him (distribution is only a shell to Kernel Linux). Them I've
created a tutorial for this request, BUT I've noticed a strange thing
before enable memberOf module: my new installations doesn't have any
module loaded, including backend module.

Then, my questions are:

1 - Is this a normal?
2 - How to enable back_hdb module?

OBS1: I've installed from package management YUM: yum install openldap.
OBS2: Database of new installations is hdb.

The HDB backend is deprecated and generally should be avoided for use.

You should also use a current release of OpenLDAP.

As for "olcBackend" that's a Debian oddity and should hopefully be removed some time in the future.

Generally, one:

a) olcModuleLoad's the overlay and/or backends needed
b) declares a database, i.e., olcDatabase ...
c) instantiates overlays on that database (olcOverlay=..,olcDatabase=... etc)

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>