Re: Updating slapd configuration programmatically

--On Saturday, June 01, 2019 9:25 PM +0200 Michel Gokan <gokan.michel@gmail.com> wrote:

My environment is Kubernetes and I deployed OpenLDAP as a container.

If your deployment uses slapd-config(5) for its configuration, it's as simple as an ldapmodify operation. I can't tell you *exactly* how to do it, because it'll depend on a few things:

a) How one connects as the rootdn for the configuration database backend
b) Which database number your slapd-mdb database is

but roughly:

ldapmodify <options>
dn: <your MDB database DN>
changetype: modify
replace: olcDbMaxsize
olcDbMaxsize: <new value>

You can of course do this things like perl-ldap, python-ldap, etc, as well.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>