Re: back_mdb: does rtxnsize affect slapcat live backups?

--On Friday, March 29, 2019 8:40 PM +0000 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Maxime Besson wrote:
Hi!

How would you handle live backups of a database with lots of write
activity?

Sadly Howard did not answer the above question you had, so I'll give you the best solution I can think of based on what's currently available:

Have a secondary server (a replica) of the first. Using cn=config, delete the syncrepl statement from the replica, run slapcat, then re-add the syncrepl statement when you're done. As long as the server is under heavy write traffic and backups take signficant time, you will unfortunately heavily fragment the DB.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>