setting up openldap to proxy to AD on SUSE ENT 12

hi all,

I am trying to setup an openldap proxy to AD and i need to use SUSE Enterprise Linux 12.

Hostname:/etc/openldap # rpm -qa|grep -i openldap
openldap2-2.4.41-18.43.1.x86_64
openldap2-client-2.4.41-18.43.1.x86_64

what I am trying to do, is proxy an application (with 1000s of users) from talking directory to AD, to talking to openldap. and then have openldap talk to AD. look across the net is a bunch of stuff,  but most of it does not seem to apply, or work.  look at the offical doc, says use sasl but you must have an local entry with a {sasl] tag on the user thats not really ideal and work make a huge problem.  a few of the posts online just said point to AD via ldap is possible? and this application also has a group lookup
as part of its auth process...  eg, only member of groupX can access....

any help in this would be huge.

seems, i am mixing up a few different ways of doing this whats the bets way to do this?

Thanks

-N6ghost