Re: uniqueness on multiple attributes

On 1/20/19 12:13 PM, A. Schulze wrote:
my goal it to extend a uniqueness configuration. I do already enforce uniqueness of mail addresses:

slapd.conf:
	moduleload unique.la
	overlay unique
	unique_uri ldap:///dc=basedn?mail?sub?

that works.

Now also address rewriting data should be migrated LDAP. Rewriting addresses are stored in the attribute "mailalternateaddress"
Requirement: no address may occur twice no matter if stored as "mail" or "mailalternateaddress"
Logical it's something like
	unique_uri (ldap:///dc=basedn?mail?sub?) OR (ldap:///dc=basedn?mail?sub?)

The OR is not possible.

Thus in Æ-DIR I store all possible e-mail addresses in one attribute (in my case 'mailLocalAddress' representing a mailbox) for which uniqueness is enforced and maintain a copy of the preferred address in attribute 'mail'.

Additional constraints ensure that 'mail' has only one value and the value of 'mail' is member of set in 'mailLocalAddress'.

Those attributes then also get synced to MS AD attributes 'proxyAddresses' and 'mail' if the mailboxes are in Exchange.

Ciao, Michael.