Re: lastbind module and missing forwarding updates

On Jan 17, 2019, at 16:45, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

> --On Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:34 PM -0500 David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca> wrote:
>
>> It was committed in
>> October 2013:
>>
>> 	https://github.com/openldap/openldap/commit/44e9bda0e42f40e0baf0a2c0ef73
>> 3eb757abd366
>>
>> This would have been around the time of 2.4.37
>
> It was not committed to the code base in 2013.  The patch was *generated* in 2013.  It wasn't committed until:
>
> git show -s --format=%cd --date=short 44e9bda0e42f40e0baf0a2c0ef733eb757abd366
> 2017-10-11
>
> I can discuss with the rest of the project about adding it into RE24, however it's not clear to me how it's supposed to work in an MMR environment.

Blame says “5 years ago”, though I could be misinterpreting it:

	https://github.com/openldap/openldap/blame/master/contrib/slapd-modules/lastbind/lastbind.c#L94

If it’ll take until 2.5 because it’s complicated, I understand. It was just slightly confusing to see the code but not have the functionality. :)