Re: Shared memory error after reboot

--On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:37 PM +0000 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Must point out - this is not a fatal error, otherwise slapd would not
have continued startup. The backend inits a new shared memory region and
just starts up as normal, there's no reason to take any special action
here.

Hm, back when I used back-hdb + SHM, I have to say I didn't run into this issue with OpenLDAP unless something had cleared the shared memory region (i.e., it persisted across restarts of slapd).

So while back-hdb is clearly recovering, there still seems to me to be an issue here in that short of a server reboot, the SHM segment should remain unaffected.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>