Re: ldap_oc_mappings | keycol of type varchar

--On Sunday, December 16, 2018 12:23 AM +0000 "Thangavel, Parameswaran" <Parameswaran.Thangavel@rsa.com> wrote:

Question:
1) Is my observation correct? i.e the keycol used to map the LDAP entries
to SQL data expects the primary key (id) to be of type integer.

2) If #1 is correct, do we have a way to support VARCHAR datatype for the
primary key? In my application, we use GUID (alpha-numeric characters) as
the primary key.

Hi,

back-sql, as noted in the man page, is experimental. It is also unmaintained and known to have various issues. It generally needs someone who has interest in it to start supporting it. So YMMV on what you can and cannot do. It's generally better to use a supported native backend.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>