Permissions required to perform OU/DN filtering?

On 10/23/18 1:45 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> A related interesting question: Are the ACL permissions for attributes needed
> to do the actual matching of entries, or are they only used to add the
> attributes of the matched entries to the result set?

ACLs also affect the matching.

E.g. in Æ-DIR I have ACLs with val.regex only allowing read access to
those memberOf values pointing to group entries explicitly made visible
for a system.

> I was wondering what "entry" actually is,
My own definition: If read access is granted to 'entry' the entry's DN
will be returned in the search result. Which is not quite the same like
granting read access to 'entryDN'.

> and I imagine if LDAP search could return the count of
> matching entries only (i.e. no attributes at all), that could be relevant....

Try yourself with the no-op search control.

Ciao, Michael.