Re: Making contextCSN, entryCSN visible only to sync user?

--On Tuesday, October 02, 2018 12:40 PM +0200 Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if it would be harmful to modify our slapd acls so that only
the  user used for syncrepl replication can view the
contextCSN/entryCSN attributes on the master servers. We're
considering this to prevent unintended partial replication (for
example without password fields) in case there is a misconfiguration
and the slave comes as another user/anomymous. Ideally I would block
anonymous access to our database completely but we have to update a
lot of services until this can be achieved. Does this idea make sense
or am I missing something?

Replication requires explicit configuration -- Is it a realistic concern that a replica would be brought up with a broken configuration that is set to bind anonymously or as a non-replication specific user? That would seem like a serious process flaw.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>