Re: issues with equality matching and slapd death

On 9/28/18 10:14 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Friday, September 28, 2018 2:10 PM -0700 Christopher Paul
> <chris.paul@rexconsulting.net> wrote:
>> Yes that does help. Thank you. So now then based on our understanding
>> here, do you agree then that the best solution here is to update the
>> schema and then make sure the data is normalized, via export/import aka
>> slapcat/slapadd, and subsequent data manipulations (assuming the
>> feasibility) as needed?
>
> As long as it's not an RFC defined schema, then yes, I would suggest
> modifying it to suit your needs and then exporting/importing the data.
> However, I would keep this in mind for any applications you're
> developing if they will be using any RFC defined schema that do not have
> matching rules defined to ensure they can handle this case correctly.

Thus I'd consider any attribute type description with non-binary syntax
but without EQUALITY matching rule to be worth an errata for this RFC.

It's a real pity that we didn't manage to resurrect ldapext WG.
This would be also a useful work item.

Ciao, Michael.