Re: Problem with ACLs

--On Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:17 PM -0500 Bill Bradford <mrbill@mrbill.net> wrote:

Trying to give a single user "read only" access to everything in
the database including userPassword info.

Here's the LDIF file I'm using w/ldapmodify:

dn: olcDatabase={2}hdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcAccess
olcAccess: {0}to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange
  by dn="cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com" write

This should also be dn.exact

  by dn.exact="uid=romanager,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com" read

Are you sure this is the DN returned by ldapwhoami?

Past that, I'd suggest you test with slapacl and potentially ACL level debugging.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>