Re: Possible transaction issue with LMDB

William Brown wrote:
On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 07:33 +0100, Howard Chu wrote:
William Brown wrote:
On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 07:06 +0100, Howard Chu wrote:
I'm quite aware that it is COW - this issue is specific to COW
trees.
Transactions must be removed in order, they can not be removed
out
of
order. It is about how pages are reclaimed for the freelist

Incorrect.

We may have to "agree to disagree" then.

Pure, utter nonsense. You're simply wrong, and at this point you're
spewing FUD.

You know what - I made a mistake. I read "free list" when it should be
"pending free list". Which makes much more sense, but is poorly
signaled in the naming conventions.

I also misread this comment about "incorrect". You meant "incorrect"
about the reclaiming of freelist not about the ordering.

Instead of trying to have a constructive discussion, I believe your
further miscommunication. My mistake was answering too quickly. I have
removed myself from the list because I really just don't want to be
involved in this style of discussion in the future.

You claimed to have actual code showing a misbehavior in LMDB when the
described misbehavior is impossible.

That's not a misunderstanding or a mistake - that's pure fabrication.
Dishonesty is absolutely not welcome. Bye.

--
  -- Howard Chu