Re: how to run script on event (modify/delete/add)?

Our database is fairly small, so we use active polling of a subtree.

Our use-case is syncing user account subtree to Google (GCDS, formerly GADS). So we have a script that searches one and only one record with modifyTimestamp newer than the marker. If anything found, it runs the sync utility.

It's under GPLv3 here: https://github.com/devgateway/ldapwatch

Usage:
/usr/local/bin/ldapwatch ldaps://ldap.example.org ou=people,dc=example,dc=org '/opt/google/sync/sync-cmd --foobar'