Re: how to run script on event (modify/delete/add)?

On 07/30/2018 02:32 PM, Zeus Panchenko wrote:
how can I run external script on event (LDAP operation)?

for example: I am generating config files for users from LDAP data
with perl script

Basically you have two options:

1. run something within slapd (back-perl or back-sock)

2. implement a syncrepl consumer

Note that with 1. the actions *block* a slapd thread.
Thus you have to be super-cautious with correct error handling.

In any case you should implement a fall-back sync which corrects all inconsistencies if something with processing the events went wrong.

Ciao, Michael.