Re: AW:ldap server stops responding periodically?

On 07/20/2018 04:41 AM, Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Stupid question: could it be your load-balancer that had a problem?
> How does the netstat look like (sockets opened, queued data, etc.?)

I do not believe it to be the load-balancer. They log loss of contact
with the LDAP servers and drop them from the relay group shortly after
one of these events start; and when it gets cleaned up, they're added
back in. I also do not suspect network between the load balancers and
the LDAP servers.

During such an event, ps -efT will usually show slapd running at full
thread capacity. Comparing that to threads in cn=monitor is not
possible, as those ldap searches fail.

Open sockets does not substantially change until after the event
subsides. The servers will show 1200-2000 open sockets before an event,
and drop lower when it clears up -- to quickly scale back up to
pre-event levels.

The queues will show data being held until the socket(s) time out.

Thanks for the feedback!