Client IP in Loadbalanced configuration

List,

I have a haproxy loadbalanced ldap service. I would like to see the
'original' client IP in the openldapserver log files, because now I only
see the haproxies IP addresses for all sessions.

I understand that haproxy has a 'feature' called the PROXY protocol
[https://www.haproxy.org/download/1.8/doc/proxy-protocol.txt] that adds
the original IP as metadata somewhere in the request, I had hopes that
this would work with openldap >= 2.3, because they tested such a PROXY
protocol signature packet. But it is not, yet(?), implemented in openldap.

I also understand that the slapd-ldap backend has a option called
session-tracking-request so some serverside/backend side stuff seems to
be available somewhere in openldap..

So any pointers or tips to achieve this, or use a different setup?

--
Pascal Kolijn
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam