RE: .so version numbers for dlopen'd objects

--On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:24 PM -0700 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:14 PM

The admin guide contains examples, is not authoritative, and may not
apply to all cases (For example, statically built modules wouldn't work
with the config you noted).  The manual pages are the authoritative
documentation, and they explicitly allow for either the .la or .so files:

Unless I'm missing something, this documentation doesn't mention any
extensions :). So technically it allows for arbitrarily named modules ;).

In any case, that's a bit of a tangent; what do you think about the main
question, no longer including the so version number in the installed
modules? So:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 henson henson     811 May 22 18:41 accesslog.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 henson henson  151064 May 22 18:41 accesslog.so

Just the la and so with no additional so symbolic links?

I think Howard already answered that question. ;)

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>