Re: .so version numbers for dlopen'd objects

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 07:48:09AM +0100, Howard Chu wrote:
I'd say it's a mistake to remove the version info, since modules tend to be intimately tied to the specific version of OpenLDAP for which they were built.

It's exactly that intimate coupling that makes me feel like the version info doesn't add much value. For myself I tend to consider modules as belonging to the specific slapd they were built with.