Re: pwdRESET not working

Hello
When I force the expiration changing pwdMaxAge what I can see in the
log is the following:

 ppolicy_bind: Entry uid=jdoe,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com has an expired
password: 0 grace logins

I test the login, I get two warning as configured but the user is
never  forced to change it and can login as usual, any hint on this?

I was expecting something  like this, this is from my old notes ( 2013
) at that time it worked

You are required to change your LDAP password immediately.
Last login: Wed Feb 13 12:07:38 2013 from server.domain.com
WARNING: Your password has expired.
You must change your password now and login again!
Changing password for user pmorales.
Enter login(LDAP) password:

My sss configuration

# sssd::config
[sssd]
domains = domain
services = nss, pam, ssh, sudo
config_file_version=2
[domain/zebra]

# sssd::provider::ldap
id_provider=ldap
auth_provider=ldap
chpass_provider=ldap
ldap_uri=ldap://openldap.domain.com
ldap_chpass_uri=ldap://openldap.domain.com
ldap_search_base=dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_tls_reqcert=never
ldap_tls_cacert=/etc/openldap/cacerts/ca_certs.pem
ldap_tls_cacertdir=/etc/openldap/cacerts
ldap_id_use_start_tls=false
ldap_user_search_base=ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_group_search_base=ou=Groups,dc=domain,dc=com
debug_level=6
ldap_sudo_search_base=cn=sudo,ou=Groups,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_chpass_update_last_change=true
ldap_user_shadow_last_change=shadowLastChange
ldap_pwd_policy=shadow

nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss

System-Auth
#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth     sufficient pam_sss.so use_first_pass
auth     required      pam_deny.so

account required pam_unix.so
account        sufficient      pam_localuser.so
account     sufficient      pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account     required    pam_permit.so

password     requisite    pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3 type=
password     sufficient      pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok
try_first_pass use_authtok
password sufficient pam_sss.so use_authtok
password    required     pam_deny.so

session    optional    pam_keyinit.so revoke
session    required      pam_limits.so
session     [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_succeed_if.so service
in crond quiet use_uid
session     required      pam_unix.so
session optional pam_sss.so
session optional pam_mkhomedir.so umask=0077

Password Auth
[...]

Thanks
Regards