Re: Search only few subtrees under baseDN

Hi Dieter,

thanks for the reply,

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 06:17:08PM +0200, Dieter Klünter wrote:
> Am Sun, 13 May 2018 09:42:22 +0200
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <airween@gmail.com>:
>
> > How can I add the OU alias, with all children?
>
> Objectclasses aliasedObjectName and organizationalUnit are both
> structural Objectclasses, try to add auxiliary object classes, or
> create your own classes. Some documentation include extensibleObject
> class, but this would create additional security questions.

the solution:

dn: ou=collection1,dc=sub-company21,dc=company2,dc=hu
changetype: add
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: top
ou: collection1

dn: ou=orgunit1,ou=collection1,dc=sub-company21,dc=company2,dc=hu
changetype: add
aliasedObjectName: ou=orgunit1,dc=sub-company21,dc=company2,dc=hu
objectClass: alias
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
ou: orgunit1

And one more thing: it must be pass the "-a always" argument to
ldapsearch to use that subtree. User needs access to
ou=collection1.

Thanks,

a.